Hearty Autumn Stew
This is our favorite beginning of fall stew. It is adapted from Kristina Turner's Self Healing Cookbook. It is rich, savory & satisfying.
- 1 Whole Butternut Squash, diced RESERVE ¼ cup of FINELY diced squash. This will break down and make the soup thick. If you want it more like a stew reserve a full cup.
- 1 Cup Daikon Radish, diced * Daikon Radish has been known best for helping
the body eliminate mucus. If you cannot find it in the store you can
substitute with any radish
- 1 Whole Carrot, Sliced into rounds
- 1 Whole Onion, diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, diced
- ½ cup Burdock root, finely diced this is a mineral rich root that can be hard to find. Try your local health food store. If you cannot find Burdock substitute equal parts with finely diced Parsnip
- 4 Cups Bone Broth, chicken You can substitute with a boxed brand but it won’t be as nourishing.
Add all ingredients to the pressure cooker or instant pot and set to soup/stew setting.
Start Rice (cook about 20 minutes)
Taste & adjust salt if needed
Add Chicken, Tempeh or Tofu and brown rice