Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year!
I am SO excited that the seasons are beginning to change. I cannot wait to get to our fall kids activities list and writing this post makes me really impatient for fall.
Here are some of our family favorites:
Fall activities for toddlers:
- Leaf play: rake leaves into a race track or path, rake leaves into a pile & play in it
- Corn Kernal (pop corn) sensory bin
- Make an iSpy fall sensory bottle (empty water bottle, pop corn kernals &/ or rice, gather small fall related items, cinamon stick, pumpkin, skeleton, apple, fall leaves, etc. make am i Spy task card and viola!)
- Bake a Cake
Fall activities for preschoolers:
- Fall Found items art project
- Go to the library & check out fall books or check out my fall book list and order on amazon!
- Cook or bake together (Pumpkin bread, apple cake , Carmel apples or other healthy alternatives like sliced apples tucked inside of a date)
- Make fall playdough cinamon scented
- Sing Fall Songs
Outdoor fall activities :
- read going on a leaf hunt & then go on your own leaf hunt. Make the most of it by gathering leaves to “study” (magnifying glass to get a closer look) or count. You can glue them to a large sheet of paper to make a graph by color, size or numbers.
- nature hike, leaf hunt, gather sticks & small rocks before winter sets in, visit an apple orchard, farm and/ or pumpkin patch
- arts: paint fall hand print tree, draw pumpkins, process art (torn paper), found items art
- fall crafts: hand print tree, found items craft
Fall activities for school age kids-
- start seasonal family tradition; EX: gratitude jar (decorate a Masson jar together and cut up strips of paper. Write down one thing you are grateful for each day & put it in the jar. read them aloud weekly or daily).
- Go to the library & check out fall books
- Cook or bake together
Fall activities for Families:
- Plant Bulbs- SUPER low maintenance gardening. In fact, you’ll forget all about them until spring but what an awesome surprise for the kids!
- Read a book
- Do a family leaf hunt
- Play a board game; Sneaky Snacky Squirrel is a super cute game with acorns and a tree that even preschoolers can play!
- Make apple cider
- Go to a Pumpkin Patch
- Pick out pumpkins for fall porch decoration or Halloween
- Carve a Pumpkin
- Go to an apple orchard
- Bake an apple pie
- Make apple bread
- Make & drink apple cider
- Visit a farm