LEGO Busy Box-
I saw one of these online years ago and swore to myself I’d make it when my son was old enough to play with it I would make him a busy box! It was SO easy and super affordable.
For the Lego busy box you’ll need:
- 1 metal lunchbox or a Matty’s Brik Kase (Amazon has a lot to choose from)
- 1 lego bulk parts for building, existing legos OR your favorite set
- Baseplate to fit on the top of the lunchbox (5in x 5in will fit most lunch boxes)
- Hot glue gun
- Miscellaneous Lego pieces (we picked ours up at a Lego-Palooza event for $1/ pound.)
- Hot glue the flat Lego piece to the lid, or grab the Matty’s Brik Kase (these weren’t invented when I made mine)
- Add the Lego pieces
I see a lot of busy boxes and they’re over stimulating for most young children and just crammed full of random toys. Legos are a simple open-ended play invitation to build & create on the go. We have spent a lot of time learning about clean up (or letting go of lost parts).
No matter how you make them be sure to keep it simple and have a simple theme with a clear play invitation… less is more! Initially I wanted to make this for long car rides but now we use it anytime there is down time. We have brought it to doctors appointments, to the park & on play dates!