Too busy to cook? Most nights I am but in our house we don’t eat unless mom cooks!
Because I was too busy to make it the “old fashioned” way I thought, what if I tried to make Lasagna in the Instant Pot?
It turns out just as good with less dishes and time.
PRINTABLE Recipe Instant Pot Lasagna
- 1 lb ground beef (instant pot users can cook first on “simmer” feature. Just ad a little sauce and season. Traditional and electric pressure cooker users add beef already cooked).
- 16 oz Box of No Boil lasagna noodles
- 15 oz Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1 lb Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 jar of Marinara or spaghetti sauce ( I used Cucina Antica Tomato Basil)
Layer ingredients in pan:
- Meat Sauce– brown ground beef in the pan (lid off) with the sauce and set aside 2/3 of the sauce (in a bowl or measuring cup.
- Keeping a layer of sauce in the pan add a layer of Noodles– break into pieces to make it fit. Cover the noodles in sauce making sure there is enough sauce so it completely covers all of the noodles.
- Add a layer of Cheese.
4. Repeat several times until you run out of ingredients OR you are 2 inches from the top of your pressure cooker- whichever comes first.OPTIONAL: I like to put a layer of green on top (see photo below) you can dust it with oregano, cilantro parsley or chopped celery leaves. Parsley is what is shown below.)