This easy fall soup recipe is amazing!
Use a conventional pot, an instant pot or a traditional pressure cooker (done in half the time). (NOTE: pressure cookers cook faster than an instant pot or conventional pot and each brand cooks differently. If your traditional pressure cooker is new to you it may take a few times trying the recipe to get it just right.)
This is one of our fall family favorites because we all LOVE a good home cooked meal, but don’t always have the time! This recipe is adapted from The Self Healing Cookbook by Kristina Turner
Easy Fall Stew
- 1 Whole Butternut squash Cut into bite size squares. RESERVE ¼- 1 cup of FINELY diced squash. This will break down and make the soup thick. If you want it thicker reserve a full cup.
- 1 Whole Daikon Radish, diced bite sized ***Note: . If you cannot find it in the store you can substitute with any radish.
- 1 carrot, sliced into ¼ in rounds
- 1 whole Onion, diced 2 Tbps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt to taste
- 2 Stalks celery, diced
- ½ Cup burdock root, finely diced If you cannot find Burdock substitute with finely diced Parsnips.
- 4 Cups Bone Broth
- ¾ whole Rotisserie Chicken, diced Veterinarian substitute Tempeh or Tofu
- 4 Cups Your favorite grain or pasta rice, millet, quinoa, chickpea pasta, etc.
- 2 tbps extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Add EVOO & Veggies to a large stock pot (instant pot or pressure cooker)
- Cook until soft, do not brown.
- Add Bone broth & Salt (if using a boxed broth you most likely will NOT need to add salt.)
- Cook about 40 minutes covered on medium low
- Start Rice (cook about 20 minutes)
- Taste & adjust salt if needed
- Add Chicken, Tempeh or Tofu and brown rice
Create your own easy fall soup recipe
Use up all of your veggies (& other foods) that need to be eaten up before they expire.
My motto is: use what you have, buy what you need!
I had on hand: butternut squash, rotisserie chicken, onions, garlic & bone broth, use what you have!
All you need is:
- veggies (a root and a green veggie are best)
- a protein
- & a carbohydrate
- Broth (The flavor is best with a bone broth but you can easily make your own broth with bone-in meats and extra veggies or a nice veggie broth.)