This fall stew recipe is as easy as it is amazing!
Use a pot, an instant pot or a pressure cooker (done in half the time). This is one of our fall family favorites because we all LOVE a good home cooked meal, but don’t always have the time! This recipe is adapted from The Self Healing Cookbook by Kristina Turner
- 1 Butternut squash, cut into bite size squares
- RESERVE ¼ cup of FINELY diced squash. This will break down and make the soup thick. If you want it more like a stew reserve a full cup.
- Daikon Radish, 1 cup diced (bite size)***Note: Daikon Radish has been known best for helping the body eliminate mucus. If you cannot find it in the store you can substitute with any radish.
- 1 carrot, sliced into ¼ in rounds
- 1 onion, Diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, diced
- ½ cup of Burdock root, finely diced. If you cannot find Burdock substitute with finely diced Parsnips.
- 4 Cups of Bone Broth (you can substitute with a boxed brand but it won’t be as nourishing)
- Rotisserie Chicken, Tempeh or Tofu, diced (chef’s choice) * Optional
- 4 Cups prepared brown rice (one cup per person) * Optional
- 2 Tbps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Add EVOO & Veggies to a large stock pot (instant pot or pressure cooker)
- Cook until soft, do not brown.
- Add Bone broth & Salt (if using a boxed broth you most likely will NOT need to add salt.)
- Cook about 40 minutes covered on medium low
- Start Rice (cook about 20 minutes)
- Taste & adjust salt if needed
- Add Chicken, Tempeh or Tofu and brown rice