Pizza and Pancakes!?!
Yes, today we are sharing our recipe for Pizza Pancakes!
When you love pizza and you love pancakes it just makes sense. My son loves to cook & combining things his loves is how Pizza Pancakes came to be in our home!
We have a standing cooking date each week.
This week in his dramatic play he invented pancake pizza (two foods we cook together) and I asked him if he’d really like to try making that. He was super excited and it actually turned out great!
Pizza Pancake Recipe
This recipe is super easy to make. First you make the pancakes then top it off with pizza cheese. We tried it with pizza sauce the first time but it got really soggy fast so we do not recommend it.
Pizza Pancake Ingredients:
- Pancake mix (we used Kodiak Cakes brand, decent protein, high fiber & just add water)
- Pre-Shredded mozzarella or Pizza Cheese (we used 365 Brand from WF)
- Pepperoni or any other pizza toppings (Note: we tried pizza sauce and it made it super soggy. We liked it better without.)
Pizza Pancake Directions:
- Prepare pancake batter
- Cook pancake
3. Flip over pancake, add cheese while still warm & flip over for a few seconds to melt the cheese (approx. 30 seconds)
4. Add desired toppings and slice into pizza triangle shapes
They are not the most glamorous looking but they really do taste great!